Skillet Pork Chops with Parrano Apple Gravy
2 pork chop filets, 1 inch thick
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
17-ounce jar of apple butter
3 apples, peeled, cored, and thickly sliced
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup shredded Parrano cheese
½ cup heavy cream
1. Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat in large skillet. Add pork chops and cook each side for 3 minutes. Place pork on plate to rest.
3. In same skillet, melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the apple slices and cook until soft. Remove apples.
4. In same skillet, mix apple butter, brown sugar, and Parrano cheese until well combined and cheese is melted. Slowly stir in heavy cream. Once combined add in cooked apples and stir.
5. Push gravy and apples aside, add pork chops to pan so that they are touching the bottom. Cook for additional 4-5 minutes and serve.
Recipe from culturecheesemag.com