Pear and Blue Cheese Canape
Makes 34-36 pieces
2 firm pears, such as Bosc or Comice
1 tsp lemon juice
3 ounces semi-soft blue cheese, room temperature
36 candied walnuts
2 tbsp fresh chives, minced
1. Place pears stem side up on a cutting board, and slice vertically down around the core on each side (resulting in 4 pieces and a rectangular core).
2. Discard core, place each piece skin side up on a cutting board, and slice vertically into 1/8-inch-thick slices—each pear should yield 16 half-moon slices.
3. Toss pear slices and lemon juice in a medium mixing bowl, then place pear slices on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Press down on pear slices with a paper towel to absorb extra juice.
4. Place cheese in a small mixing bowl, and mash with a fork until smooth. Spoon a ½ teaspoon of cheese on each pear slice. The cheese will want to slide off the pear slice—be firm with it.
5. Top each pear slice and cheese with a candied walnut, and sprinkle with chives. Transfer to a platter and serve.
Recipe from www.culturecheesemag.com